EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Obama Gives Bush "Absolute Immunity" For Everything
- Thirteen Things the Government is Trying to Keep Secret from You
- Colombia Nationwide Strike Against 'Free Trade,' Privatization, Poverty
- In Syria, Obama's Calculations Reveal Stupidity of US Imperialism
- US Attack on Syria Would Circumvent Constitution, Intl Law
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Task Force Responds to Former President Bill Clinton's Support of Marriage Equality
WASHINGTON - July 14 - The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force responds to former President Bill Clinton's support of marriage equality for same-sex couples, as first reported in The Nation.
Statement by Rea Carey, Executive Director National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
"Former President Bill Clinton is stepping solidly into the twenty-first century by supporting marriage equality for same-sex couples. In doing so, he joins many other public figures who have already taken this important stand for fairness and equality. We call upon other elected officials, including President Obama, to do the same to ensure same-sex couples are no longer treated as second-class citizens in this country."