The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Senate Questions Indefinite Detention Without Charge
Senator Feingold Holds Hearing To Discuss Legality And Morality Surrounding Detention
WASHINGTON - June 9 - A hearing today held by a Senate subcommittee explored the legal and moral questions surrounding the continued use of indefinite detention for terrorism suspects at Guantanamo Bay. In a speech given two weeks ago, President Obama signaled new laws could be needed to indefinitely hold Guantanamo detainees without charge or trial. The Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution heard testimony on the topic today from legal scholars and human rights advocates.