EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Scared to Death in the USA
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Bernie Sanders: To Defeat Oligarchy, I Would Run for President
- Wendell Berry on His Hopes for Humanity
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ACLU Marks 46th Anniversary of Equal Pay Act With Call For Paycheck Fairness Act
Legislation Is Needed To Close Loopholes In Fair Pay Law
WASHINGTON - June 9 - The American Civil Liberties Union marks the 46th anniversary of the Equal Pay Act with a call for the Senate to pass S. 182, the Paycheck Fairness Act, a bill that gives employees the legal tools needed to fight wage discrimination. Forty-six years ago tomorrow – on June 10, 1963, President John F. Kennedy signed the Equal Pay Act, a law that prohibits wage discrimination. Unfortunately, over the last few decades, loopholes and weak remedies have watered down the Act’s effectiveness.