EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- 21 Ways the Canadian Health Care System is Better than Obamacare
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Naming Names: The 90 Companies Destroying Our Planet
- Scared to Death in the USA
- Bernie Sanders: To Defeat Oligarchy, I Would Run for President
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Institute for Public Accuracy (IPA)
Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020; or David Zupan, (541) 484-9167
European Perspectives: * Foreign Policy * Economy
Seale is a British journalist now living in France and a leading expert on the Mideast. His books include Asad: The Struggle for the Middle East. His most recent piece is titled "A New Middle East Alliance."
Scharenberg is a lecturer at the John F. Kennedy Institute at the Freie Universitaet in Berlin specializing in U.S. and German politics. He said today: "There are many things Germans and Europeans can learn from people in the U.S., and vice versa. I think a major thing that Germany has to offer a country like the U.S. is how well -- notwithstanding minor flaws -- our social welfare system works. Even if you don't have a job, basic necessities are provided by the state. This includes housing and universal healthcare. This is always important, but particularly during a time of crisis."