The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: National Organization for Women
Mai Shiozaki, 202-628-8669, ext. 116; cell 202-641-1906
NOW Urges Obama to Protect Women's Reproductive Rights
Statement of NOW President Kim Gandy
WASHINGTON - May 1 - It goes without saying that the combination of war, economic collapse, piracy and a potential pandemic may have removed many important items from the top of the president's legislative agenda, including the Freedom of Choice Act. But I urge President Obama to maintain his public support for this critical legislation, which he enthusiastically endorsed during the campaign.
We look forward to working with this administration to put President Obama's understanding of the complex realities of women's lives and decisions into actions that will preserve and protect those lives and decisions, while advancing the worthy goal of reducing unintended pregnancy.