EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Broad Coalition Collaborating on Poll to Assist Community on Timing, Efforts to Repeal Prop. 8 Should Court Uphold Marriage Ban
Nationwide - April 20 - What:
Representatives from a diverse coalition of faith, civil rights and LGBT organizations will host a conference call to announce the launch of an innovative, collaborative polling project to help determine the timing and targeting of efforts to repeal Proposition 8, should the California Supreme Court uphold the constitutional amendment banning marriage for same-sex couples.
The polling project will share qualitative and quantitative polling data with community members and stakeholders as part of a larger strategy to involve the community in the decision making process and engage the broad coalition of organizations to better coordinate and partner with on-going efforts to restore marriage for same-sex couples in California.
- Tawal Panyacosit Jr., Director, API Equality
- Rick Jacobs, Founder and Chair, Courage Campaign
- Marc Solomon, Marriage Director, Equality California
- Luis Lopez, President, Honor PAC
- Ron Buckmire, Board President, Jordan/Rustin Coalition
- Molly McKay, Media Director, Marriage Equality USA
- Reverend Eric Lee, President and CEO, Southern Christian Leadership Council of Greater Los Angeles
When: Tuesday, April 21 at 9:30 a.m. (PST).
How: Dial: 916.233.4202, Pass code: 2104405#