The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Hillary Clinton Goes to Bat for GMOs at Biotech Conference
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- Revealed: 'Collect It All' NSA Targets Those Seeking Web Privacy
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Cancelled: Hearing on Obama Request to Delay ACLU Lawsuit Over Release of Torture Memos Cancelled
NEW YORK - February 17 - A hearing scheduled for tomorrow to examine the Obama administration's request for a 90-day delay of an American Civil Liberties Union lawsuit concerning public access to controversial Bush-era legal memos has been cancelled. Revising its request, the government is now seeking a 30-day delay and the ACLU agreed to the extension.
The memos, written by the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel (OLC), supplied the basis for the Bush administration's torture and rendition programs.