The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Hillary Clinton Goes to Bat for GMOs at Biotech Conference
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- Revealed: 'Collect It All' NSA Targets Those Seeking Web Privacy
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CEPR Releases Summary of Tax and Benefit Provisions in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
WASHINGTON - February 3 - As the Senate debates its version of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) released today, a summary of the acts' individual, corporate, and renewable- energy tax provisions.
The summary lists current provisions, how these would change under the new legislation, and notes differences in the House and Senate versions of the act. The summary also reports on the estimated costs of the legislation in both the House and Senate from 2009-2019.
In addition, the summary contains data on the distribution of new benefits by income quintile as well as breakdowns of average tax benefits, average amount of benefits and the share of tax units receiving new benefits under the various credits.
The full summary can be found here (PDF).