EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- The Bill of Rights Exists: An Open Letter to Dianne Feinstein
- Major Loss to Organic Farmers as Court Rules in Favor of Monsanto
- NSA Whistleblower Revealed: Q&A with Edward Snowden
- One American Who Isn't For Sale
- 'Reprehensible, Reckless, Illegal': Washington Officials Slam Heroic NSA Surveillance Leaker
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Naomi Seligman 202.408.5565
CREW Applauds Obama's New Ethics Rules and Approach to the Freedom of Information Act
WASHINGTON - January 21 - After eight long years of secrecy, President Obama's actions today indicate that transparency in government was more than just a campaign promise. The Obama administration's approach to the Freedom of Information Act will allow government watchdogs and the public to obtain information about what the executive branch of government is doing and why. CREW also applauds the new ethics rules announced today. Melanie Sloan, CREW's executive director said, "The fact that Mr. Obama took these actions on his very first day in office signals a new era in government accountability."