For Immediate Release
Communications: (202) 898-0792
Questions for Sarah Palin
WASHINGTON - The designation by Senator John McCain of Governor Sarah Jane Palin
as his Vice Presidential running mate and her relatively thin or
unknown record on many issues, including gun violence prevention, makes
her answers to the following questions important:
- In view of your being a lifetime member of the NRA, what is your reaction to the disclosure that the NRA has been paying a woman to spy on gun violence prevention groups and the victims they represent for over 10 years?
- Most Americans, including President Bush, support banning military-style semiautomatic assault weapons. What is your position?
- Do you agree with Senator McCain that the gun-show
loophole (allowing individuals to buy guns at a gun show with no
background check from so-called "private sellers") should be closed?
- What did you mean when you described attacks on our Second Amendment rights as equivalent to gangs and drug use as something that would harm family life.
[Eagle Forum Alaska questionnaire, 7-30-06.] Does this include efforts
by groups like the Brady Campaign to make it harder for dangerous
people to get dangerous weapons?
- Do you agree with Senator McCain that background check approval records for gun purchases should be kept for 90 days instead of 24 hours, that ATF should be able to require gun stores to conduct inventory audits, and that crime gun trace information
should be more widely available to law enforcement and the public? [See
Senator McCains statement on the Senate floor, 1-22-04.]