WASHINGTON -- March 29 -- News Advisory:
- Leaders to Launch New TV Ad In Rep. Tom DeLay's District
- Campaign for America's Future Fights the Most Corrupt Congress Ever
- Ad Asks Congress to 'Wash Its Hands' of Tom DeLay's Corruption
The Campaign for America's Future will unveil a new television ad that urges Congress to "wash its hands" of House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Tex., on a conference call with reporters on Wednesday. In remarks delivered last week to a conservative group, Rep. DeLay used the personal tragedy of Terri Schiavo to divert attention away from corruption charges against him.
The Campaign for America's Future, one of the principal groups fighting the president's plan to privatize Social Security, is also fighting the abuse of power of the most corrupt Congress in recent history. The group used advertising last month to highlight how Rep. James McCrery's, R-La., campaign contributions from the financial services industry cloud his judgment as chairman of the House subcommittee on Social Security.
NEWS TELECONFERENCE TO UNVEIL TOM DELAY AD
DATE: Wednesday, March 30
TIME: 11 a.m. EST
CALL-IN: Please contact Andrea Miller at email@example.com for dial-in instructions.
- Ellen Miller, deputy director, Campaign for America's Future
- David Donnelly, political director, Public Campaign Action Fund and co-author, Daily DeLay weblog
NOTE: Copies of the ad will be made available on Wednesday's news conference call. Space is limited. Media representatives interested in joining the call should reserve space by contacting Andrea Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.