Institute for Public Accuracy
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE|
MARCH 16, 2004
|CONTACT: Institute for Public Accuracy
Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020
David Zupan, (541) 484-9167
One Year Later: The Invasion of Iraq
WASHINGTON - March 16 -
- SUE NIEDERER, email@example.com, www.mfso.org
Niederer's son Army 2nd Lt. Seth Dvorin was killed on Feb. 4 by a roadside bomb in Iraq.
- DENIS HALLIDAY, firstname.lastname@example.org
Halliday is former head of the U.N. oil-for-food program in Iraq and a former U.N. Assistant Secretary General.
- WRIGHT SALISBURY, email@example.com, www.peacefultomorrows.org, www.centerforunderstanding.org, www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/03/05/bush_ads
Salisbury lost his son-in-law Ted Hennessey on Flight 11 on September 11. He went on to found the Center for Jewish-Christian-Muslim Understanding and is a member of September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows. He recently told Salon "I was a Republican up until I voted for Bush...."
- KATHY KELLY, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.vitw.org
Kelly is coordinator of Voices in the Wilderness, a group which openly violated the economic sanctions against Iraq and is currently being fined $10,000.
- NORMAN SOLOMON, email@example.com, www.accuracy.org/war-releases.htm
Solomon is executive director of the Institute for Public Accuracy and coauthor of the book Target Iraq: What the News Media Didn't Tell You.
- ROBERT JENSEN, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~rjensen/home.htm
Jensen is the author of the just-released book Citizens of the Empire: The Struggle to Claim Our Humanity and an associate professor at the University of Texas at Austin. Currently in New York City, Jensen will be emceing the protests on Saturday in Crawford, Texas. [Protests listing at: www.unitedforpeace.org]
- ANAS SHALLAL, email@example.com
Shallal is founder of Iraqi-Americans for Peaceful Alternatives.
- RAHUL MAHAJAN, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.empirenotes.org
Mahajan is author of the book Full Spectrum Dominance: U.S. Power in Iraq and Beyond.
- ROGER NORMAND, email@example.com
- SARAH ZAIDI, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.cesr.org
Normand is executive director and Zaidi is research director of the Center for Economic and Social Rights. The group released the report "Tearing Up the Rules: The Illegality of Invading Iraq" just before the invasion of Iraq.
- PATRICIA ESTÉVEZ, email@example.com
Estévez is a journalist based in Spain.
- EMAN AHMED KHAMMAS, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.occupationwatch.org
Khammas is director of the Occupation Watch Center in Iraq.