Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Hillary Clinton Goes to Bat for GMOs at Biotech Conference
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- Revealed: 'Collect It All' NSA Targets Those Seeking Web Privacy
Today's Top News
Toddler Dead as Israeli Air and Ground Assaults Pounds Gaza
Israel says attacks are retaliation for deadly shooting of Israeli laborer
Israel slammed Gaza with a wave of air and ground military assaults on Tuesday, killing 3-year-old Palestinian girl Hala Abu Sabikha and wounding at least nine in what appears to be the most severe attack on this besieged home to 1.7 million people since an 8-day Israeli offensive in November 2012.
The Israeli Army said airstrikes and tank and infantry attacks were in retaliation for the killing of an Israeli laborer identified as 22-year-old Saleh Abu Latif from the majority Bedouin city of Rahat.
"Palestinian officials reported at least 16 Israeli attacks, causing a causing a series of loud explosions across the territory in rapid succession," Associated Press reports. Witnesses say shells were fired at Gaza City, Reuters reports.