EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
Day Ahead of Sandy Hook Anniversary, Shots Fired at Colorado High School
Once again... gun violence in U.S. schools continues
Update (4:00 PM EST):
Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson reports the alleged shooter has died of a self-inflicted wound.
One student is said to be in critical condition due to gunshot wounds.
Arapahoe High School in the Denver, Colorado metropolitan area is reportedly on lock-down after shots were fired Friday afternoon, Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson told Call 7.
Robinson said that at least two people are injured, their conditions unknown, and the shooter is believed to still be in the school.
The school is attended by 2,200 students and is located in Centennial, Colorado—8 miles from Columbine High School where a school shooting in 1999 left 15 students, including the shooters, dead.
News and photographs are pouring in via Twitter.