EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
4 Dead, Dozens Injured in NYC Train Derailment
Four people were killed and 63 injured on Sunday morning when a passenger train derailed in the Bronx.
The Metro-North train started its journey in Poughkeepsie and was headed for Grand Central. It was not scheduled to make a stop at the Spuyten Duyvil station near where it derailed around 7:30 and slid towards the Harlem River.
Passenger Frank Tatulli told WABC-TV that the train appeared to be moving "a lot faster" than usual.
"I was asleep and I woke up when the car started rolling several times," passenger Joel Zaritsky told the Associated Press. "Then I saw the gravel coming at me, and I heard people screaming. There was smoke everywhere and debris. People were thrown to the other side of the train."
Near my apartment in Spuyten Duyvil where a Metro-North passenger train has derailed. Will post a few pics. pic.twitter.com/2ANjrqfRef— Timothy Elliott (@Timothy_Elliott) December 1, 2013