EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Scared to Death in the USA
- Bernie Sanders: To Defeat Oligarchy, I Would Run for President
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Pope Slams Rampant Inequality, 'Economy That Kills'
Today's Top News
March Against Monsanto Kicks Off Second Round Worldwide
Mass demonstrations against the biotech industry kicked off worldwide Saturday in the second "March Against Monsanto" in 6 months.
Marches are scheduled in 52 countries and over 500 cities to call for a boycott of genetically modified organisms (GMOs), harmful agro-chemicals, and a return to food sovereignty for small scale and independent food producers and consumers.
Photos, live-streams and tweets are pouring in across the social media sphere from rallies across the world.
The first "March Against Monsanto" took place last May and drew up to two million people.
See below for live twitter updates as they happen throughout the day.
Food justice expert and activist Vandana Shiva, who is marching with protesters today in London in correlation with her "Food Freedom Fornight" series of food justice actions, published a video message for March Against Monsanto marchers: