Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
Hundreds Missing as Historic Floods Continue to Ravage Colorado
'This is clearly going to be a historic event,' said National Weather Service Director Louis Uccellini
"This is a 500-to-1,000-year flood," Sean Conway, a commissioner of rural Weld County, said at a news conference.
The National Guard called Saturday's rescue efforts to save those stranded by the floods the biggest helicopter resuce effort since Hurricane Katrina.
"This is clearly going to be a historic event," National Weather Service Director Louis Uccellini told Climate Central's Andrew Freedman. "The true magnitude is really just becoming obvious now."
ITN has video:
* * *