EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Scared to Death in the USA
- Bernie Sanders: To Defeat Oligarchy, I Would Run for President
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Pope Slams Rampant Inequality, 'Economy That Kills'
Today's Top News
Hundreds Missing as Historic Floods Continue to Ravage Colorado
'This is clearly going to be a historic event,' said National Weather Service Director Louis Uccellini
"This is a 500-to-1,000-year flood," Sean Conway, a commissioner of rural Weld County, said at a news conference.
The National Guard called Saturday's rescue efforts to save those stranded by the floods the biggest helicopter resuce effort since Hurricane Katrina.
"This is clearly going to be a historic event," National Weather Service Director Louis Uccellini told Climate Central's Andrew Freedman. "The true magnitude is really just becoming obvious now."
ITN has video:
* * *