EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- East China Sea Tensions Soar as China Scrambles Fighter Jets Against US/Japan
Today's Top News
Feminist Journalist Mary Thom Dies in Motorcycle Crash at 68
The prominent feminist journalist, author and editor Mary Thom has died at the age of 68.
Thom was a early editor of Ms. Magazine, where she rose to the rank of executive editor. She wrote several books, including a history of Ms. Magazine, and was editor-in-chief of the Women’s Media Center, whose co-founder, Gloria Steinem, told The New York Times, "[Mary Thom] was a lodestone for the women’s movement nationally, and a center of trust, common sense and creativity." Thom died when her motorcycle crashed on Friday evening in Yonkers, just north of New York City.