EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Israeli Air Force Launches Strike Against Gaza
Early Sunday, the Israeli air force launched three air strikes in the Gaza Strip.
According to Palestinian witnesses, two strikes hit the southern town of Khan Yunis while the third hit near the southern town of Rafah, near the Egyptian border.
The Israeli military claims the jets struck "a terrorist weapon storage facility and a Hamas training installation," reports AP.
The warplanes were allegedly responding to rockets launched Saturday evening by Hamas. Neither attack has caused any reported casualties.
AFP reports that Israeli authorities on Sunday also closed the Kerem Shalom crossing on the Gaza border until further notice.