EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- One American Who Isn't For Sale
- Transcript: Today's Live Q&A With NSA Leaker, Edward Snowden
- Remembering Satyajit Ray’s Hirok Rajar Deshe: On Edward Snowden, Resistance and Inverted Totalitarianism
- Obama Cans Regulator Who Crossed Wall Street
- Pentagon Bracing for Public Dissent Over Climate and Energy Shocks
Today's Top News
3 Dead After Shooting, Standoff at US Marine Base in Virginia
Two victims and the alleged shooter confirmed killed inside barracks at Quantico
Three US Marines are dead this morning following a shooting inside barracks at the Quantico military base in northern Virginia.
According to reports, the shooter was a Marine himself and killed two fellow soldiers before turning the gun on himself.
The Associated Press reports:
According to Marine Corps spokesman Agustin Solivan, the suspected gunman shot one Marine, then barricaded himself inside the staff barracks area of the Officer Candidates School.
When police entered the barracks early Friday, officers found two more bodies, including that of the gunman. He died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, Solivan said.
The names of the dead were being withheld pending notification of next of kin. The suspected gunman and both victims -- a man and a woman -- were staff members at the school, a senior defense official told NBC News.