EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Study: Monsanto's Roundup Herbicide Linked to Cancer, Autism, Parkinson's
- Everything Is Rigged: The Biggest Price-Fixing Scandal Ever
- Report: Toxic Chemicals Found in Thousands of Children's Products
- The Life and Death of Words, People, and Even Nature
- You and Your Family Are Guinea Pigs for the Chemical Corporations
Today's Top News
Record Radiation Found in Fukushima Fish
A fish with record levels of radioactive cesium was caught in the waters outside the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, officials announced Friday.
Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) said they detected 740,000 becquerels per kilogram of radioactive cesium in a greenling fish caught the port adjacent to the nuclear site, Kyodo News reports. The amount is 7,400 times the state-set limit deemed safe for human consumption.
According to TEPCO, is the highest yet recorded in its sampling surveys of marine life since the March 2011 disaster.