Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
North Dakota Senate Passes Measure Threatening Abortion Access
State senators in North Dakota have passed a measure critics fear could end abortion in the state.
The bill requires doctors at the state’s only abortion clinic to obtain admitting privileges at a local hospital, a step that can be impossible for abortion providers. Alabama Republicans have advanced a similar bill, while yet another parallel measure enacted in Mississippi is threatening to close that state’s only remaining clinic.