EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- What You Need to Know About the International Test Scores
Today's Top News
'Weak and Diminished' Netanyahu Barely Hangs On As Israeli PM, Exit Polls Predict
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is projected to win another term by a narrow victory, according to exit polls on Tuesday, dealing a blow to his hardline coalition.
Israeli television's Channel 2 announced the results Tuesday evening, noting, "Big surprises."
Barak Ravid, a diplomatic correspondent for Haaretz, tweeted just after 3 p.m. EST, "Netanyahu will be the next PM but a weak and diminished one with an unstable coalition."
Worried that they might not retain their lead, Netanyahu's Likud Beiteinu party recruited voters to the polls throughout the day Tuesday, Haaretz reported.
Eighty-five percent of the ballots will be counted overnight, with the rest to be counted on Wednesday.
* * *