EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- East China Sea Tensions Soar as China Scrambles Fighter Jets Against US/Japan
Today's Top News
Climate Skeptic Sen. Inhofe Makes Surprise Appearance at COP18
Accuses Obama of 'handing over billions to UN in the name of global warming'
As the COP18 climate conference winds down and the world waits for international negotiators to reach agreement, Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) made a surprising appearance via satellite to contribute his long-refuted climate skepticism to the talks.
Inhofe and fellow skeptic Christopher Monckton, the Viscount Monckton of Benchley, gave a half-hour presentation Thursday in the main press conference room during which they presented new data amassed by the "research arm" of their Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow to propogate the claim that the Obama administration is "quietly handing over billions of dollars to the United Nations in the name of global warming."
As the New York Times reports, "The two make a habit of descending on climate summits and trying to debunk both the science and the politics of global warming. Mostly they generate eye-rolling and wry blog posts."
“It’s time to put an end to these lavish, absurd global warming parties,” he said in his recorded statement. As if to illustrate Inhofe's point, before his appearance Lord Monckton reportedly attempted to ride a camel and was thrown off.