EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- 21 Ways the Canadian Health Care System is Better than Obamacare
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Naming Names: The 90 Companies Destroying Our Planet
- Scared to Death in the USA
- Pope Slams Rampant Inequality, 'Economy That Kills'
Today's Top News
Climate Protester Interrupts Romney Sandy Speech
Presidential candidate Mitt Romney was interrupted at a campaign rally in Doswell, Va., Thursday, as he gave a speech on Hurricane Sandy, when a climate change protester revealed himself in the front row, shouting: "What about climate? That's what caused this monster storm. Climate Change!"
As the protester raised a banner reading "End Climate Silence" Romney remained silent, staring blankly ahead, maintaining his refusal to discuss global warming despite the climate change induced disaster Hurricane Sandy.
The protester was quickly escorted out of the rally while the crowd of Romney supporters chanted: "USA! USA!"
Romney then continued on with his speech without acknowledging the event.
Below, Al-Jazeera reports on Romney's persistent climate silence: