EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
Climate Protester Interrupts Romney Sandy Speech
Presidential candidate Mitt Romney was interrupted at a campaign rally in Doswell, Va., Thursday, as he gave a speech on Hurricane Sandy, when a climate change protester revealed himself in the front row, shouting: "What about climate? That's what caused this monster storm. Climate Change!"
As the protester raised a banner reading "End Climate Silence" Romney remained silent, staring blankly ahead, maintaining his refusal to discuss global warming despite the climate change induced disaster Hurricane Sandy.
The protester was quickly escorted out of the rally while the crowd of Romney supporters chanted: "USA! USA!"
Romney then continued on with his speech without acknowledging the event.
Below, Al-Jazeera reports on Romney's persistent climate silence: