Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Those Kids Crossing the Border From Mexico Wouldn't Be There If Obama Hadn't Supported a Coup the Media Doesn't Talk About
- A View from Gaza: This Is a Brutal Attack, Not a "Military Operation"
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
Afghan President Karzai Demands Afghan Control Over Bagram Prison
AP is reporting that today, Afghan President Hamid Karzai has demanded that the U.S. detention center at Bagram Air Base be handed over to Afghan control.
According to the The Telegraph of London, "Karzai issued the order after receiving a report detailing 'many cases of violations of Afghan Constitution and other applicable laws of the country, the relevant international conventions and human rights,' his office said."
Daphne Eviatar, an attorney with Human Rights First, previously told CBS News that Bagram was "worse than Guantanamo because there are fewer rights."