Get News & Views Updates
Most Popular This Week
- Quinoa: To Buy or Not to Buy... Is This the Right Question?
- 'Let Us Not Be Deceived': Cornel West Names Obama as 'War Criminal'
- Watch a City-Sized Glacier Collapse
- Around the World, A 'Billion Rise' to Fight Violence Against Women and Girls
- Nearly 50 Climate Activists Arrested Outside Obama's White House
Today's Top News
At Least 15 Protesters Arrested Outside Goldman Sachs
The New York Daily News reports:
"At least 15 Occupy Wall Street protesters were arrested Thursday after marching on Goldman Sachs to deliver an “indictment” of the financial giant.
"Among the demonstrators hauled away after sitting down in front of the multinational’s doors at 200 West St. was former New York Times foreign correspondent-turned-activist Chris Hedges."
Video here shows footage of the arrest. [Warning: strong language]
Rev. Billy, who was also among those arrested, tweeted this yesterday:
Read Chris Hedges' statement during yesterday's People’s Hearing on Goldman Sachs here.