EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Scared to Death in the USA
- Bernie Sanders: To Defeat Oligarchy, I Would Run for President
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Pope Slams Rampant Inequality, 'Economy That Kills'
Today's Top News
Ron Paul, Tea Party Godfather, Says ‘Occupy’ All About ‘Handouts'
CARROLL, Iowa -- Ron Paul outlined what he believed was the difference between “Occupy Wall Street” and the “Tea Party.”
“Some are demonstrating, because they’re scared to death they won’t get their handouts,” Paul said yesterday. “And the other half are demonstrating, because they’re sick and tired of paying for it. I’m on the side of sick and tired of paying for it.”
Paul's popularity has risen since 2008 largely because of the Tea Party. He doesn't lead in polling in any state, but he is routinely in the top three in states like Iowa and New Hampshire.