Get News & Views Updates
Most Popular This Week
- This Is Cardboard. Also Entirely Recycled, Water and Fireproof, and Dirt Cheap.
- Obamacare Architect Leaves White House for Pharmaceutical Industry Job
- A Sign That Obama Will Repeat Economic Mistakes
- A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion Between 1945-1998
- Five Facts About America's Pathological Wealth Distribution
Today's Top News
Pakistan Drone Attacks Kill Scores
At least three suspected US drone attacks in the Pakistani tribal region of South Waziristan kill more than 25 people.
Three strikes by US drones have killed at least 28 people in the tribal region in South Waziristan.
Reporting for Al Jazeera from Islamabad, Kamal Hyder said that the first attack took place near Angor Adda along the Pakistan Afghan border.
"We have reports that at least seven people, who were killed in that strike, were moved to another location in the Azam Warsak region, where a funeral was arranged and that funeral also came under attack," said Hyder.
"This was the second strike."
He said the US forces were apparently in "hot pursuit" of targets, and that there were also reports of a third strike that killed multiple people.
Anti-drone rallies were recently held in North Waziristan, where drone attacks hit Newey Adda village in the Datta Khel area on September 12, killing at least four.
Source: Al Jazeera