EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Scared to Death in the USA
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Bernie Sanders: To Defeat Oligarchy, I Would Run for President
- Wendell Berry on His Hopes for Humanity
Today's Top News
Petraeus Passes Out Briefly at Hearing
Gen. David Petraeus briefly collapsed mid-sentence at a Senate Armed Services hearing on Afghanistan.
Petraeus had finished answering a question by Sen. John McCain. McCain was responding when the senator stopped talking suddenly and aides began crowding around Petraeus.
The hearing was suspended and Petraeus was helped out of the room. Sen. Carl Levin, chairman of the committee, said Petraeus appears to be doing very well. According to the Atlantic's Marc Ambinder, the general did not eat or drink before the hearing.