Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- A View from Gaza: This Is a Brutal Attack, Not a "Military Operation"
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
- Those Kids Crossing the Border From Mexico Wouldn't Be There If Obama Hadn't Supported a Coup the Media Doesn't Talk About
Today's Top News
Gays Organize DNC Boycott
Frustration among gay Democrats at the White House's unwillingness to make their issues a first-year priority -- or even, in some cases, to acknowledge them -- is boiling over today in the form of a move to boycott Democratic National Committee fundraising.
Gay donors have long been a pillar of the DNC's support -- its treasurer, Andy Tobias, is a veteran gay fundraiser -- and of financial support for Democrats more broadly.
"[T]his campaign is temporary, and is only meant to help some friends - President Obama and the Democratic party - who have lost their way," Americablog's John Aravosis and Joe Sudbay write. "Candidate Obama promised during the campaign to be the gay community's 'fierce advocate.' He and the Democratic party have not kept their promise."
They're asking readers to pledge not to give to the DNC, OfA, or Obama's campaign "until the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) is passed, Don't Ask Don't Tell (DADT) is repealed, and the so-called Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is repealed -- all of which President Obama repeatedly promised to do if elected."