EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Occupy Activist Faces Felony Charge For Elbowing Groping Cop and Getting Beaten and Suffering A Seizure, Because NYPD
Almost two years after the violent fact, this week sees the start of the trial of Cecily McMillan, a graduate student who suffered a seizure after her brutal arrest during a March 2012 NYPD crackdown on Zuccotti Park and was subsequently, inexplicably charged with felony assault on an officer - charges that carry up to seven years in prison. Chilling video of McMillan, lying on the ground in handcuffs, starting to heave and seize amidst a phalanx of cops as horrified activists shout, "You idiots, she needs a doctor!" Witnesses say it took 17 minutes for them to get her help and an ambulance. Updates, because Occupy and its causes still live.