EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- US Drone Obliterates Civilians in Yemen
- The Change Within: The Obstacles We Face Are Not Just External
- Hillary Clinton and the Future Failure of Progressive Hope and Change
- Too Big to Jail? Why Kidnapping, Torture, Assassination, and Perjury Are No Longer Crimes in Washington
Today's Top News
Turn That Noise Off
Time flies. For those of you old enough to remember it, this week marked the 45th anniversary of the famed final live performance of the Beatles, when they clambered up on the roof of their Apple headquarters to play songs from what became "Let It Be" for a small surprised crowd on the rooftops and sidewalks before being shut down by police who'd been instructed to "turn that noise off." Such guileless times. Such vital, joyful, brilliant boys, especially John, who is missed.
"I hope we passed the audition." - John, packing up after police shut them down.