EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Turn That Noise Off
Time flies. For those of you old enough to remember it, this week marked the 45th anniversary of the famed final live performance of the Beatles, when they clambered up on the roof of their Apple headquarters to play songs from what became "Let It Be" for a small surprised crowd on the rooftops and sidewalks before being shut down by police who'd been instructed to "turn that noise off." Such guileless times. Such vital, joyful, brilliant boys, especially John, who is missed.
"I hope we passed the audition." - John, packing up after police shut them down.