Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
Proper Consideration: GOP Issues Talking Points On Pretending To Give A Sh*t About the Jobless
Having temporarily failed to halt legislation extending emergency unemployment benefits to 1.3 million jobless Americans (those bums), the GOP House leadership has sent out a memo advising their cohorts how to sound compassionate about their utter lack of compassion while at the same time spinning their unconscionable position that "House Republicans remain focused on creating jobs and growing the economy” blah blah blah. The empathy coaching comes on the heels of earlier attempts to explain how to talk to Hispanics (don't use the term "illegals"), women (rape is a four-letter word) and other groups of humans, so maybe they're getting somewhere. Or not. Leaked by the Washington Post.