EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- Ukraine in Context: What You Don't Know About a New Cold War
Today's Top News
The Hiroshima of Voting: Enough With the Hyperbolic Claptrap
If you're feeling the need for a sorbet-like, palate-cleansing antidote to the hysterical wingnut claptrap about how the Democrats' long overdue, grossly inadequate insistence that simple majority rule might actually allow government to function is "total statist authoritarianism" (Limbaugh) and "one of the most lawless power grabs in U.S. history" (Hannity), check out an exasperated Jon Stewart on Turtle Man and his "obstructionist as#holes," or the ever-profane Rude Pundit on "the unbelievable dickheads" and "dishonorable scumf*uckers" who have reaped what they've sown. Good times.
"But, no, really, go ahead and pretend that you give a shit about anything. Please, motherfuckers, please. After filibustering hundreds of bills in Obama's first couple of years, after filibustering nominee after nominee for the last five, you have the stones to act like you're the aggrieved victims here?"