EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- UK Claim That 'Journalism Equals Terrorism' Sparks Outrage
- Climate Impacts Poised to Decimate Human and Earth Systems, says Leaked IPCC Draft
- How the Super-Rich Are Abandoning America
- "Unreasonable Force" In Chicago Evidently Does Not Mean A Probably Drunk Cop Killing An Unarmed Guy Lying On the Ground By Shooting Him 16 Times
- Imploding the Myth of Israel
Today's Top News
The Most Jaw-Droppingly Racist Daily Show Interview Ever Just Cost This GOP Chair His Job
Politics As Tawdry Theater Dept: It's tough to pick the highlights from last night's surreal Daily Show interview, in which correspondent Aasif Mandvi asked GOP precinct chair Don Yelton about North Carolina's controversial new voter ID law. Is it when Yelton says the law's purpose is "to kick Democrats in the butt," or when he says, "If it hurts a bunch of lazy blacks that want the government to give them everything, so be it," or when he complains he can't use the N word, or when he fails for several long agonizing seconds to stake his claim to non-racism after Mandvi almost begs him to, or when he boasts that one of his best friends is...you know. It might just be the stunned Mandvi finally asking, "You know that we can hear you, right?" Oh yeah: Though he later stood by his comments, Yelton resigned today after being asked to by fellow-Republicans.