EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Scared to Death in the USA
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Bernie Sanders: To Defeat Oligarchy, I Would Run for President
- Wendell Berry on His Hopes for Humanity
Today's Top News
Defiant: Nobody Wants You To See A Massive Report Shredding the CIA and Its Torture Program
The Senate is said to be sitting on a still-secret, damning, massive report - 6,000-plus pages, 35,000 footnotes, $40 million - showing that the CIA’s torture of terror suspects during the Bush years was unnecessary, ineffective, and often deceptively sold to Congress and the rest of us in order to avoid any real oversight, and that Obama, like Bush, wants it kept from publc view. From The New Yorker's Jane Mayer.