EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Scared to Death in the USA
- We’re Not Broke — We’ve Been Robbed
- With Scant Media Attention, 'Human Catastrophe of Epic Proportions' Unfolding
- Wave of Black Friday Strikes Kicks Off as Walmart CEO Steps Down
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
Today's Top News
A Hard Man to Find: Waters Looking for Israeli de Klerk
Rock icon and BDS activist Roger Waters says a leading Israeli newspaper tried to undercut his opposition to - and de-legitimize the very concept of - Israeli apartheid by removing a key quote in which Waters advised Benjamin Netanyahu to "find the Israeli de Klerk," the South African president who finally moved to end apartheid. Only then, Waters says in the interview, may peace come to the region.
(The interview) has been re-written as a combative, ill-natured, dog-fight. It appears, with all its distortions and untruths, to want to maintain the status quo...and retreat from any consideration of the position that all the peoples of the region deserve to live in peace and justice with equal rights for all."