EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- What You Need to Know About the International Test Scores
Today's Top News
House Gym Deemed More Essential Than Head Start
Despite the shutdown's thousands of closings, curtailments and furloughed employees, the members-only House gym or "wellness center"- complete with pool, sauna, steam, basketball and paddleball courts, tvs and associated cleaning and maintenance costs - has stayed open, reportedly on direct orders from John Boehner, who caused the shutdown in the first place. The Senate gym is evidently still open as well, though the gym for lowly staffers is closed. And most legislators, minus about 130, are still getting paid. Tell Boehner and these other clowns, deeply incompetent as Krugman notes, to go defund themselves here.