Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- A View from Gaza: This Is a Brutal Attack, Not a "Military Operation"
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
- Those Kids Crossing the Border From Mexico Wouldn't Be There If Obama Hadn't Supported a Coup the Media Doesn't Talk About
Today's Top News
A federal grand jury has indicted 13 alleged members of Anonymous for a series of denial-of-service attacks, dubbed Operation Payback, the collective launched in 2010 against anti-piracy groups, Mastercard and Visa for heping block donations to Wikileaks. Internet freedom advocates argue the charges, part of a broader federal effort to combat cybercrime but coinciding with the release of a new academic study that supports file-sharing, will only fire up Anonymous' base.