EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Why US Fracking Companies Are Licking Their Lips Over Ukraine
Today's Top News
Who Is John Galt and Why Is He Asking For Kickstarter Donations When He's Always Saying People Who Need Help Are Looters and Moochers?
Evidently slow to recognize irony when it slaps them in their self-serving faces, the producers of the third installment of the eminently-forgettable Atlas Shrugged movies - 5% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes! - have gone on Kickstarter to panhandle for $250,000 to market their newest work about a guy whose mantra is, "Never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine,” written by a woman who argued, or at least is currently represented as arguing, that every man must depend only upon himself, the Free Market and hard work and that any form of charity, altruism or help from others was "evil." Let them eat selfishness.
“The fact that a man has no claim on others (i.e., that it is not their moral duty to help him and that he cannot demand their help as his right) does not preclude or prohibit good will among men and does not make it immoral to offer or to accept voluntary, non-sacrificial assistance.” – Ayn Rand, who happily lived on Social Security and Medicare the last seven years of her life.