EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- East China Sea Tensions Soar as China Scrambles Fighter Jets Against US/Japan
Today's Top News
Finally, (Small) Class War: D.C. Restaurants Give Furloughed Workers Freebies But Charge Congressional Perpetrators Double For Their Sins
Ha. Congress unpopular, much? The insanity in our nation's capitol has led sympathetic restaurants to offer furloughed government employees "shutdown specials," from free burgers, nachos, cookies and sandwiches to Olive Branch cocktails and $1 Raw Deal oysters. But the generosity doesn't extend to the perpetrators. Many have exempted congressmen or decided to charge them double for drinks and coffee. The best: Range is offering free pizza, but legislators are ineligible "until you get your shit together."