EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Collect It All: The Loose Cannon Who Runs the NSA
A compelling, alarming profile of NSA director Lt. Gen. Keith Alexander, widely viewed even by his predecessor, who oversaw illegal wiretapping under Bush, as "a bit of a cowboy" who wants the NSA to "bend the pipe towards him" - a guy who argues that while things might not be clearly legal, "that doesn't make them illegal," who is in thrall to big, often inaccurate, misleading or flimsily sourced data that critics call Big Ass Graphs; who believes in the mantra that, if the capability for spying exists, let's use it and legal niceties be damned. From Foreign Policy; if you have access problems, highlights here.