EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Being AIPAC's Bitch: NYT Reconsiders, Removes Mention of the 800-Pound Gorilla That Wants A War
In a revealing catch, MJ Rosenberg finds the New York Times deleting a reference to White House strategists on Syria having to consider the “800-pound gorilla in the room” that is the powerful Israel lobbying group AIPAC, which is pushing a strike so the US will stay in the war game if and when Iran poses a threat - a newly bogus reason if ever there was one, he notes, to start a war. More on how the Times explains omitting this key fact, though it made the Boston Globe. And while the bombs are falling on Syria, where will Israel's U.S. supporters be? At AIPAC's National Summit, their "exclusive annual gathering...in California Wine Country."