Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
The Facts Are Indisputable: Rush Not Just Slimy But, Happily, Unprofitable
Hinting that hate might not sell as well as it once did, there is unconfirmed news that Cumulus plans to drop both Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, their two biggest right-wing mouthers-off, from over 40 radio stations. Boycott calls and general outrage in the wake of Rush's insane attacks on Sandra Fluke reportedly led to the company losing millions of dollars; according to one report, 48 of 50 advertisers asked not to air during Limbaugh's rantings. Other sources suggest it's Limbaugh who's fed up with Cumulus. Either way, don't slam the door.
"We've had a tough go of it this last year. The facts are indisputable." - Cumulus spokesman on post-Fluke declines in earnings.