Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Hillary Clinton Goes to Bat for GMOs at Biotech Conference
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- Revealed: 'Collect It All' NSA Targets Those Seeking Web Privacy
Today's Top News
They Have Killed Our Dreams: One Child Bride Escapes, Many Do Not
Powerful video from Nada al-Ahdal, an 11-year-old Yemeni girl who twice escaped forced marriage, has sparked awareness of the longstanding issue facing millions of girls in a country with no legal minimum age for "marriage" - though a lawyer working for child brides pointedly calls it "rape." Thanks to the Middle East Media Research Institute, and a brave Nada.
"Enough. What about the innocence of childhood? What have the children done wrong? Why do you marry them off like that?"