EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Wait, What Century Is This? Stop the Hate, Save Kate
Unreal. An 18-year-old high school student has been expelled and charged with two felony counts of “lewd and lascivious battery" because she fell in love and had a consensual relationship with a 15-year-old classmate who happens to be a girl. A highly regarded student, Hunt has until Friday to decide whether to accept a plea deal of two years' house arrest and one year probation. If convicted in a trial, she could go to jail or live under house arrest, and will have to register as a sex offender. Citing the other girl's parents - who evidently "see being gay as a sin" and chose to prosecute rather than talk - Kaitlyn Hunt's family has wisely gone public with a Facebook page and Change.org petition to stop the lunacy. As in, a mugshot?!