EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- New England on 'High Alert' After Canadian Pipeline Reversal Approved
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
Today's Top News
The Human Thing
With at least 100 of 166 men long detained but never charged with any crime now on hunger strike, many being force-fed, and the outcry from international human rights officials growing ever louder, the former Chief Prosecutor for terrorism trials there has begun a petition demanding the "folly" that is Guantanamo Bay be closed. Morris Davis and others explain why and how it's time to hold Obama to his promise.
"If any other country were treating prisoners the way we are treating those in Guantanamo we would roundly and rightly criticize that country. We can never retake the legal and moral high ground when we claim the right to do unto others that which we would vehemently condemn if done to one of us."